We are continuously monitoring the developments of the coronavirus and following the guidance of public health officials. We are doing everything we can to ensure that you and your families have the food and essentials you need. The health and well-being of our associates and customers is our highest priority.
Given the rapidly changing environment due to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), we have temporarily adjust our store hours in all store locations effective immediately:
Monday – Saturday: 7am – 8pm
Customer shopping days are assigned by surname:
A-F: allowed to shop Monday and Thursday
G-Q: allowed to shop Tuesday and Friday
R-Z: allowed to shop Wednesday and Saturday
Sunday: 9am – 7pm
9am – 11am (Seniors 65+ ONLY)
11am – 7pm (Seniors 55+, Disabled Persons and Essential Workers Shopping ONLY)
Essential workers are classified as follows (valid identification must be presented):
– ASB – Belco – Bermuda Hospital Board medical personnel – Bus drivers – Corporation of Hamilton
– Covid-19 hotline personnel – Customs officers – Digcel – Dock workers – Doctors
– Essential government personnel – Gas station workers – Farmers – Firefighters – Grocery workers
– Health department – Media – Members of Parliament – One Communications
– Pharmacy workers – Police officers – Prison officers – Regiment officers – Rest home workers
– Sanitation workers – Security guards – Vector Control – Wholesale workers
One person per household to shop and customers are required to present photo identification upon entry. 5% discount all be applied Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. Our online ordering pick-up and delivery service will continue as normal. Customers with orders scheduled for pick-up on their non-assigned shopping day can continue to pick-up as scheduled, however please have your order confirmation readily available, printed or on your mobile device, to present to the authorities if asked. Our delivery service, in partnership with Sargasso Sea, will operate as normal.
Health and Safety:
Sanitation and safety have always been a top priority here at The MarketPlace group of stores. Along with putting a continued focus on our current high standards, we are taking additional precautionary steps. We have increased the frequency of sanitising high-traffic touchpoints (door handles, carts, surfaces, food service areas etc.). We take the health of our associates seriously and strongly encourage associates to vigorously assess their health before considering coming to work. As an added health precaution we’ve closed our self-serving buffets at Hamilton MarketPlace and PriceRite Warwick and have increased our pre-packaged Meals-to-Go offering. Our teams continue to work hard putting in place measures to keep our customers and associates safe during this time:
- Added floor markings spaced 6 feet apart across our checkout areas to observe social distancing
- Limiting the number of customers in our stores at any one time
- Upon entry, customers are provided with hand sanitiser and a disinfectant wipe to clean the handle of their trolley or basket
- All of our associates have been provided with hand sanitiser, face shields, face masks and gloves
- fit snugly but comfortably against the side of the face
- be secures with ties or ear loops
- include multiple layers of fabric
- allow for breathing without restriction
- be able to be laundered and machine dried without damage or change to shape
We strongly encourage customers to shop sensibly and be mindful others, especially those most vulnerable in our society. Please, only shop for what you need. We are experiencing high volume in stores and online. Our team is working hard to ensure we are stocked to meet growing demand and our associates are working hard to deliver online ordering and grocery pick-up. Customers may experience product shortages as we work to quickly restock or shelves. Some customers may also experience minimal delays at pick-up time. We have doubled and tripled orders on key items and are working to keep our shelves stocked as quickly as possible.
We at The MarketPlace are doing everything we can to provide a safe shopping experience for our valued customers and a healthy environment for associates and communities. In this fast-moving environment, we will provide updates when appropriate and in alignment with Government health guidelines as we remain committed to providing quality items to our hard-working customers.
We encourage customers and associates to stay informed and to adhere the advice of the public health officials and the Government of Bermuda. For all the latest government information visit: http://www.gov.bm/coronavirus.
This is a time for all of us to embrace our communities and work together to help each other.
Thank you for your patience and understanding. Wishing you and yours continued good health.Updates | March 16th, 2020